meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
IT: Prasanna Kuchimanchi IT: Eleni Almpanopoulou IT: Fahad Islam IT: Alejandro Antillon
Opening lecture 11th Sept 2014:
Based on brainstorming after opening lecture, we formed a team with an idea to solve the need for housing and accommodation for students
Housing and Accommodation
The idea arose from the situation of 2 of us having problems with our accommodation situation. The reasons behind this proposal were: *For international students the main option for housing is LOAS, which is of great help, but also is clearly unable to fully accommodate all the students in the area. *Other options, such as other companies or private landlords, usually do not rent to foreigners. However, we did not have a clear idea of what tool or service we needed to develop to solve these problems. Also we did not make a final decision on this topic, we also agreed to think of more possible projects, until our next meeting.
Meeting 27 Sept 2014:
In this meeting other ideas were proposed by other team members. We also discussed about possible developments for the previous and new ideas:
- Real time transportation schedule of Lappeenranta city.
- Shopping Center application for digital advertising and information
After some discussion, the team agreed to drop the accommodation and housing idea, and merge the shopping center and transportation ideas into one application.
Meeting 10 Oct 2014:
- Developed the Shopping center/Transportation application, and defined a conceptual architecture for the system
- Defined how the system would operate
- Defined infrastructure and Resources
- Sent proposal draft to professor
Meeting 16 Oct 2014:
- Professor responded on Oct 13 with some questions about the design and operation of our application
- We elaborated a presentation for the project addressing professor's questions
Meeting 5 Nov 2014:
- Adjust final presentation
- Worked on selling pitch
Final Presentation Nov 13
- 3 Reds
- 4 Greens
The main points from non buyers, were that there were some similar projects developed in the past. Also professor was not convinced about some aspects of the design of the project