meta data for this page
How to use university resources remotely
Connecting with ssh outside university
Seems to work only from Lnet. If you are member of Ruut you can connect to
- Connect with ssh to ssh.lut.fi with your university account.
- E.g. ssh firstname.lastname@example.org
- After login connect with ssh to selected class 6218 computer
Using graphical applications
If you have X-server running on your computer you can use graphical applications via ssh:
- Use X11 forwarding (in order to use graphical applications remotely), use e.g. ssh -X email@example.com
- X11 forwarding needs to be enabled for every connection.
- Note: if using cygwin, use -Y instead of -X