meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
This is a second part of TCP exercises.
Task for week 45
1. Unexpected connection termination or crashed TCP connections.
- How to react to these conditions?
- What can cause the termination/crashing of the connection?
2. Multiple concurrent users on TCP server.
- Implement multiuser support to the tcpexample. See Connection multiplexing with select. Keep the client connection open until the server is shutting down.
- What issues have to be noted?
- What kind of “database” you'd use for the clients?
3. Timing is of the essence - how about with multiple concurrent users over TCP?
- How would you guarantee a equal response time for each client?
- What are the risks with the use of TCP in games regarding:
- small packets
- congestion/bad connection
4. Think about a situation where your game has to establish a connection between a server and a client using UDP and your game also needs TCP for separate reliable data transfer channel. How would you achieve this?