meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Read Chapter 2 of Bishop, which will be discussed on the lectures.
- Bernoulli and binomial distributions
- beta distribution
- conjugate prior for mu parameter of Bernoulli and binomial distributions
- Why are conjugate priors important?
- multinomial distribution
- Dirichlet distribution
- conjugate prior for multinomial distribution
- Gaussian distribution
- its own conjugate prior for mean
- Gamma distribution
- conjugate prior for variance
- Gaussian-Gamma distribution
- conjugate prior for mean and variance
- note this is not directly Gaussian multiplied by Gamma
- Wishart and Gaussian-Wishart distributions
- conjugate priors for multivariate Gaussian
- Student's t-distribution
- marginal of Gaussian with Gamma prior for precision
- von Mises distribution
- exponential family distributions have conjugate priors