meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Neil M. Richards: The danger of surveillance
- The author discusses about the moral issues relating to government's control and inspection of the citizens
- Pointing out the potential risks of such activities to raise the people's awareness of this problem
- It is understandable that such surveillance is necessary to prevent possible terrorism and protect civilians. However, the civilians do not recognize the risks of harms to themselves, and the law to protect personal's privacy once being surveilled has minimal effects and inadequately understood.
Tamara Dinev et al., Internet Users’ Privacy Concerns and Attitudes towards Government Surveillance: An Exploratory Study of Cross-Cultural Differences between Italy and the United States
- An empirical studies conducted in Italy and US relating to the privacy concerns of user's data over the internet usages towards the government's surveillance
- The study compares the differences regarding this issue between 2 countries
- The research's result insisted the important concerns of data privacy over the internet
Yunchuan Sun et al., Data Security and Privacy in Cloud Computing
- The article discusses about the data security over cloud-computing which is popular these days
- Providing techniques and challenges regarding user's data protection
I chose edX Course: Philosophy and Critical Thinking