meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
http://www.greenit.net/whygreenit.html This website explains briefly about Green IT, it's necessity, how Green IT innovation leads the way to Sustainability and so on.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wlv5-iuyriA Again, in this video green technology and sustainability are explained very well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEw3Z3vTba0 Finally, how Green IT saves money and energy, innovation, growth, sustainability, environment is explained in this video.
Individual task after first seminar: Design a new “sustainabilility movement”
1. Every person should be aware of wasting energy and natural resources such using electricity, gas, water and so on.
2. People should be also careful using toxic material and materials which are not decomposed easily such as poly-ethane, plastic and so on.
3. People should separate their different waste in different sections such as glass, plastic, papers, bio,metals, chemicals and so on.
4. Government should encourage people to use bike or public transportation instead of own vehicle.
5. In every house/apartment a pipeline (Chute) can be used to transfer bio waste to bio gas plant. From this plant people can get energy.
6. Government should take strict action against deforestation.
7. Government should take necessary steps to control population growth.
8. Government should take necessary steps to use re-new able energy as much as possible such as solar power, wind power and so on.
Group Work: Amoeba Approach in perspective of Bangladesh
Group Members: Imtiaz Ahmed and Masudul Haque Talukdar
TASK_LATE: FIRST SEMINAR TIME:
Sustainability has ever more turn into vital to business research and perform over the past decades for rapid reduction of natural resources. The idea of sustainable development has evolved into definitions of the three pillars of sustainability such as social, economic and environmental. Environmental sustainability is properly defined by focusing on its biogeophysical features. The recent economic and financial crisis has facilitated to newly term economic sustainability. Concept of defining and measuring sustainable development can broadly be divided into two types such as weak and strong sustainability. The idea of weak sustainability assumes that manufactured and natural capitals are close substitutes but the thought of strong sustainability denies the degree of substitution. The progress of sustainability indicators indicates the measurement of sustainability. The development of sustainability indicator is not only a course of scientific facts invention but also a procedure of political compromise. Since there is no universally accepted meaning and measuring techniques exist, different approaches direct to diverse assessments. Technology on hardware level can be used to save energy and decrease emissions. The cloud is a tool to green IT. It might be used to become more eco-friendly than many other ways to reduce energy consumption in organizations.
4 exam questions representing the course contents
1. Describe Ecological or carrying capacity root of sustainability. (It is the main root of sustainability. Thus, student must know about this root.)
2. Describe the AMOEBA approach and give one example of it. (It is important because it is the best approach as a sustainability indicator. Student at least know this approach properly. )
3. What are the steps of Imagine Approach? (It is so important for Systemic Sustainability Analysis (SSA). So, it is worth to learn by students.)
4. Describe two ways by which the whole world could be more sustainable. (After completing this course students should think how they can take part to change the world and how the world can be more sustainable and better for living )
Answer to the course questionnaire
1. It is the maximum number of individuals of a species that an ecosystem can sustain. If the carrying capacity is exceeded, the population will be limited through lack of resources.
Edx Course result