meta data for this page
This is an old revision of the document!
Green IT3: Sustainability Indicators
- Lecturer: Prof. Jari Porras
- Assistant: nn
- Create your own wiki page (Done)
- Survey (Done)
- Search and select three (3) documents (web pages, articles, videos, …) of the topic of your course (Data & Privacy in Critical thinking and Sustainability in Green IT course) and explain why those documents are relevant for the course.
- “Indicators of Sustainable Development: Guidelines and Methodologies”. United Nations, New York. 2007 (http://www.un.org/esa/sustdev/natlinfo/indicators/guidelines.pdf).
The document describes the set of indicators of Sustainable Development, introduced by the United Nations' Division of Sustainable Development, and also the history of these indicators introduction.
- “Connected. ICT and sustainable development”. Forum for the Future. 2008 https://www.forumforthefuture.org/sites/default/files/project/downloads/connected.pdf.
This paper presents the information of the relation between ICT and sustainable development: reasons and ways to use ICT in working, travelling, shopping, etc. for sustainability.
- “ICT for Environmental Sustainability. Green ICT roadmap”. Jussi Ahola, Toni Ahlqvist, Miikka Ermes,Jouko Myllyoja & Juha Savola. VTT. 2010 http://www.vtt.fi/inf/pdf/tiedotteet/2010/T2532.pdf
This document explains 3 major ways to use ICT to improve environmental sustainability: empowering people, extending natural resources and optimising systems.
Computing Research for Sustainability
As I was absent on the lecture dedicated to “Computing Research for Sustainability” book, I wrote brief summary of all chapters of this book. crforsbelyakhina.doc